Saturday, August 8, 2009

Secret Payments


As if the war in Iraq wasn't messy enough I have uncovered a secret method of payment that the United States is making to U.K. for remaining a part of former President Bush's "Coalition of the Willing".
These payments are not made in Gold, fuel or dirty cash, nope England's reward for Americas folly is flattery and ego boosting and the delivery vehicle for this payment is Hollywood.
Over the last few days I've seen a couple of big budget action movies, namely "Transformers 2" and "G.I. Joe". As you would expect America saves the world from the bad guy or robot, but here is the almost interesting part. The British "Union Jack" flag is seen waving ever so proudly alongside the American "Stars and Stripes" in the background as our hero's march of to face the enemies and now there is also the token English hero type person with an incredibly strong London accent punching the bad guys alongside the true American hero's.
Now I'm not here to complain about the war, as it such a bloody mess I wouldn't know where to start, I'm just making Hollywood aware that I know all about it's clever little game and that my silence cannot be bought, well not too cheaply anyway.

1 comment: