Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Book Reveiew 8 and a HALF




Yes this title sounds rather bizarre, but the last time I finished a book it was back in July 12th. Since then off course I was back in Ireland and running around the Estonian countryside leaving me with somewhat less time to idly sit down to read and read and read.

Added to this, the next book that I started and am partially reviewing today is Bloody huge, with 482 small print pages "Lionheart and Lackland" is the first of twelve B.B.B.'s (Bloody Big Books) that I have embarked on and this was the smallest of the bunch.


Well half a review is better than no review and it gives me to chance to go over what happened in the first three hundred pages. To give the book its full title this is "Lionheart and Lackland, King Richard and King John and the Wars of Conquest" by Frank Mclynn.

Its the story of two brothers and kings of England in the twelfth century, the times of the Crusades and Robin Hood. With treachery, double crosses and massacres in the name of Jesus against the Saracens, the first half of the book is about the brothers childhood and the exploits of the adult King Richard the Lionheart, while the second is all about John, which is precisely where I am right now.

So click on MY BOOK Reviews on the Right hand side and see what the first half is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment