Thursday, August 13, 2009

Replace, Replace, Replace

Once upon a time I had a video collection, it included the "Life of Brian", "Gladiator" and "Independence Day", all the usual suspects, actually I also had the "Usual Suspects".

Then along came the DVD revolution. Overnight my video collection was old fashioned, yesterdays news, cliche, cliche, cliche, and I had to replace all my movies. But that was OK as well after all DVD was going to be the perfect format, expensive, but still OK, remember they would never need to be replaced.
Well alright I knew that this wasn't true, but come on I had just paid twice for the same bloody films I needed to hold onto this belief.

Now I find myself in a foreign land and without my DVD collection. The fact that I've seen most of these films a dozen times or more is no reason why I shouldn't get to watch them again. So tonight I borrowed that 70's master piece "Waterloo" from someone in cyberspace. I'm not cheating, or stealing, as I said I'm merely borrowing it from someone whom, I'm sure bought it just like I did. After all if the Sony corporation can charge twenty euro for a forty year old movie, my conscience will allow me "to borrow" it.

Speaking of Waterloo, while looking at the films available to borrow online I came across a French six hour mini series about Napoleon. Its hard to imagine France as a super power, then again its hard to believe that Russia still thinks that it's Super power, with that crazy publicity seeking narcicist Putin in charge.
Ah there I go again ranting and babbling along, completely forgeting what I was talking about, which was errr, emmmm, oh never mind sometimes its good to complain and rant for no other reason but making me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment