Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sunshine in Sweden

I'm in Malmo for a week with Tiiu at her sister's place and appear to have swapped the cold and wind for sunshine. Flew in from Tallinn to Copenhagen on Monday afternoon and then took a train straight into Malmo over the Orseund bridge.

The bridge was worth making the trip for on its own, it stretches for over ten miles and links the two cities.

I was in Stockholm for a day last week, but didn't have much time to sample their way of life.
Yesterday I made the obligitary and my first trip to IKEA, pronounce I-Gay-a, over here. Not quite sure what all the fuss is about, its a big shop with lots of furniture and cutlery. Or perhaps the greatness of this place went over my head.
Anyway, they sell pretty good hotdogs for fifty cents, so don't let it be said that I don't partake in the local customs. Tonight I plan to have a kebab, so there, how about that for blending in with the locals.

Unlike Stockholm the houses in Malmo have more of an English feel and design to them. No four of five story woodern apartments here, but lots of semi detatched houses with their own little gardens out front. The price of food and drink is cheaper than back in Dublin, infact its pretty similar to Estonian prices, but there is a far wider range of shops here. Speaking of shops and bars as I was or maybe wasn't, I couldn't find a bar last night that was showing the Champions league football, so had to make do with the BBC's web site. It looks like Man. Utd are finally going to lose somethng, But then again maybe they will slaughter Porto in the second match and Mr Phil Ralph will never stop reminding me.

Well thats about it for now, except to let you know that here in Sweden the internet connection is not a mere 3 or 8m, as in Ireland or 10 to 20plus as in Estonia, but 50. Yes 50.
Wow those crazy Swedes don't do thngs by half.

No comments:

Post a Comment