Monday, April 6, 2009

Indoor Football

This morning I played indoor football and as with most things I found out about it through someone who knew someone in a bar. Its sounds a little strange, but when you don't really know anybody its way things happen everywhere I guess.

Well over a pint or four last week I mentioned that I fancied playing a bit of football, the next day I was included in an email for a game on Saturday with a bunch of people I didn't know. Well Saturday was switched to Sunday and at 11:00 I joined a truly international bunch. An hour or so later a tightly fought match ended 30 - 25, or something like that. After ten minutes I was a star, giving some perfectly places passes and scoring three early goals, after thirty minutes my reputations was starting to diminish as my absence from any sort of football field for four years was starting to show, missing passes, slowing down, sweating like the proverbial pig and going in goal for a chance to get my breathe back.
But such is life.

I'm off to Sweden tomorrow for a week, so I'll miss next weeks game, but I'll definitely be back after that. Just hope I'm not too sore tomorrow morning after today's activities.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great time James. You should be here. We were all made Lenihan's bitch today.

    ReplyDelete