Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life Really began at 40

It was my birthday a couple of days ago and the year of the big FOUR O came to an end.
“Life begins at forty” is one of those clichés that is offered as some form of consulation to anyone hitting that birthday in the hope that you don’t spend the entire night crying into their double Vodka, with the realisation that they can no longer fool strangers that they are thirty two and that it’s “all down hill from here”.
Well isn’t it just one cliché after another on this blog?
Yet having said all that I am happy to declare that this was not the case for me. For those of you who haven’t been following my blog all that closely I can sum up year number forty as my best so far. September to December passed with only one thing to talk about, our plan (Tiiu and mine) to move to Estonia.
Then on January 13th we made the move, leaving behind….well everything.
Since then we’ve made a new life for ourselves and I’ve done so much.
Actually I’m not gonna bore you, you can always read my old articles to see what I’ve been up to. Suffice to say that clichés are just clichés and that life is what you make it.
Oh hell there another cliché. But seriously for those of you approaching or have already surpassed this milestone, there seems to be so much more to do regardless of your age. Tune in again in another twelve months to see if I’m so full of wise comments and great hopes and expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment