Thursday, September 3, 2009

The End of Football

Its sad but its true, football has come to end.
For the last couple of weeks the number of people turning up to play in my local team has continued to shrink. Tonight there was once again just four of us and it seems like I'm the only one who is free or willing to play football on Saturday. Back in April or so joining this team was somewhat bizarre. I was the proverbial fish out of water, introduced to a group of other foreigners to play football by someone else I barely knew and unable to remember their names. But that was then and this is now. Months after that uncomfortable introduction I have gotten to meet so many people, built up a social structure and even improved my football.

But alas that all seems to have come to an end. Not really sure why this has happened. Perhaps its because as we are such a foreign legion that it was inevitable that some of us would head back to their mother countries. I know of two who have done that, while another has taken the brave step of opening his own restaurant but that is just three people. A few others have to work outside the country from time to time but still, where the hell is everybody??????

Saturday mornings and for that matter football just won't seeem quite the same for a while.
Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment