Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Lost twenty Kilos

Back in August I was somewhat concerned that my Pizza diet was having a negative impact upon my chances of playing Premiership football, my total lack of talent or age off course played no part in my thinking.

In that fateful month my weight reached 100 kilos.
100 kilos!

Holy Shit that was a scary day, not just for me, but also the weighing scales that had to take my bulk. I knew that I had to do something as I found climbing stairs exhausting and breathing difficult.
Well today I reached my target 79.9 kilos (12.5 stones) Yes twenty full kilos gone.
Gone is the beer belly and double, neigh treble chin. Well at least most of it.

Five months of little to no chocolate, crisps or the usual hot junk food, but instead it was vegetables, fish, chicken and lots of water which finally did the job. At Christmas all the good work went down the proverbial toilet as a beer, wine and Doner kebabs made a welcome comeback, like long forgotten friends.

Once in Estonia I got back to the task in hand. Now five weeks after arriving, 100kg became 79.9. Its hard to believe. The last time I weighed this much or perhaps I should say this little, was when “Jack Charlton was giving it a lash and Packie Bonner made that penalty save against Romania“ .

The secret of my success is not exercise or a totally stringent diet, but having someone take part with you. I had Tiiu's support throughout this exercise. When I craved Taco fries or she wanted chocolate, we were able to see each other through those times.
Exercise had no impact upon my weight loss. For the fist three months I was doing an hour of cardio, while Tiiu did none, yet we practically lost the same amount of weight.
Ironically I bought some dumb bells two weeks ago and was putting weight on using then. However following a difference of opinion I had with a tree while sledging I hurt my back and was forced to give up exercising and then the weight fell off again.

I've heard that losing the weight is only half the battle and that keeping it off is the rest. Well only time will tell.

I should also add that life is now so much better and my girlfriend is a oh so much happier with my new levels of energy and performance.

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool dude. I sympathise with you though... being here in Germany for a year has done wonders for my beer gut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Back your Black Swan weight...or was it the White Swan?

    ReplyDelete