Thursday, July 30, 2009

Country Living


Back from a few days in the countryside. You know the place it’s where you your phone says “Emergency calls only“. I never really considered myself much of a country person, always felt the need for concrete under my feet rather than having the sun beating down on my neck.

However having spent a week in the glorious country sunshine, I must say I loved it down there, except for the mosquitoes and black ants who love to show how well they can bite. I spent my days doing manly things such as playing with a chain saw and hacking down trees as the melody of Monty Pythons “I’m a lumberjack“ went through my head. Actually being able to hear anything as the chain saw screamed “LET ME DESTROY“ says everything about the tune.

Carrying on with the lumberjack stereotype, Tiiu and I built wonderful and obscenely large bonfires to cook burgers and drink plenty of the local beer.
When I wasn’t chopping, eating or drinking we would cycle to the local town for supplies, somehow the roads always seemed smooth and the wind to our backs. I suppose that mightn’t be entirely true but when the day is going well the wind is always at your back.
Off course country living isn't all about easy living, as we found ourselves picking strawberries and raspberries ripping as well as ripping up nettles and other green things, yet somehow even that was enjoyable. Even the weather worked out for us, on the rare occasion that it rained, it only fell when we done for the day.

Well now i’m back in the city and taking care of another of the truly important things in life, yes that's right its midweek football. Tonight our multinational team attempted to play the beautiful game against a bunch of Italians. The final score was 11 – 10, just not sure who actually scored 11, but then again it doesn’t really matter. After all its all about enjoying life and that's what I'm doing.

1 comment:

  1. It's fun in the countryside... you can wear what you like or not wear anything at all! ;) And beer tastes better outdoors!

    ReplyDelete