Sunday, June 7, 2009

Little Englander No More


Unlike the Irish and UK goverments I have given up the paranoid fight to keep National Identity cards as far away from me as possible in the fear that Big Brother knowing even more.

As you can see, I look your typical criminal in the photo.

Not really sure what all the negative hype is about, I use it to get cheaper travel and should the day ever arrive, to pay taxes when I get a job. The card can also be used as bank card, sending electronic signatures, health card, an alternative to a passport within the Euro zone, checking your government records such as exam results or creating a company.

Topically, Estonia will be the only country in the EU voting online in todays coming elections.

So what has the Estonian government learnt about me or anyone else for that matter?
My date of birth, nationality and current address.
Not really George Orwell's 1984 now is it?

1 comment:

  1. Is that a government issued e-mail address at the bottom?

    ReplyDelete