Monday, March 2, 2009

Times they are a changing

Last night as I watched Ireland beat England at Croke Park, from what is becoming my local pub "Nimeta Bar" I noticed the first signs of my Estonian simulation. 

Before kick off,  as I watched Liverpool kiss goodbye to their last chance of Premiership glory I heard an Irish accent for the first since I arrived over here. How strange it sounded, no longer was it the blurred background noise that you hear a million times a day in Dublin, but instead it was unique and bizzarely, welcoming.
The person in question was reversing the economic trend and returning to Ireland with a new job lined up after many many years away. 

With the BBC cameraman panning around and outside Croke Park, highlighting  the Dublin skyline I started to feel a little bit nostalgic for the "Old Country". 
Yes, yes I know iƤve only been away for eight weeks and it cant realy be nostolgic

No comments:

Post a Comment