Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How did History suddenly become boring?

I had planned to study something while away and not just Estonian. The other day I decided to take an Open University course, to be precise a History degree, afer all most of the books I read are history related.

Unfortunately after reading the syllabus on offer I found my interst diminishing rapidily, rather than being captivated by tales of Revolutanaries, Tyrants and scientic discoveries, I was faced with the history of French art and Western television since the 1950’s amongst other stuff.

This is why is history is called boring, padding courses with stuff that happened more than a year ago doesn’t make it history, it’s simply old news.

Why cant I enjoy what I want to study?
Is this too much to ask for?
Does anybody out there know of a course that meets my expectations?

No comments:

Post a Comment